Re: missing cygkpathsea-3.3.7.dll

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: missing cygkpathsea-3.3.7.dll
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:52:45 +0200

Deborah Lowrey <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm downloading 1.6.01 for Windows and when I run
> ly2dvi -P I get a missing dll error for
> cygkpathsea.3.3.7.dll. What do I need to select for
> download to fix this?

You need to install libkpathsea3 too.  I do not understand, this
should really be handeled automagically.

Good luck!
Jan.

Requirements and DLLs.

TeTeX and LilyPond depend on a number of library packages, but as it
seems, they sometimes do not get selected automagically.

teTeX
  requires: ash cygwin ed grep jpeg libkpathsea3 libncurses6 libpng12 tiff
  sed termcap zlib

LilyPond
  requires: bash libguile14 libiconv2 libintl2 libkpathsea3 python
  tetex-bin, tetex-tiny or tetex-base

  DLL              Package
  cygguile-14.dll  libguile14
  cygintl-2.dll    libintl2
  cygiconv-2.dll   libiconv2
  cygltdl-3.dll    libltdl3
  cygpcre.dll      pcre
  cygpng12.dll     libpng12
  cygtiff3.dll     tiff

Also, the more general info on missing DLLs may be helpful:

    http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC32