Re: next patch for lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: next patch for lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:17:49 +0200

> > I've integrated this patch.
> >
> > BTW, Jan and I agreed that the time has more or less come to freeze
> > 1.6. Of course I'd like the (La)TeX issues to be resolved before that,
> > and documentation fixes are no problems, but I'm just wondering: what
> > more patches can we expect?
>
> The last patch shall fix the repeated \input lilyponddefs problem.

Dear Werner,

Could we possibly exploit your TeX expertise also for another
problem that has been raised on the mailing lists a number of
times. When typesetting a .ly file which contains several
\score{...} sections, ly2dvi simply concatenates the scores,
inserting a short title before each new score using the function
\makelilypondpiecetitle in tex/titledefs.tex. The problem is
that occasionally, the title may end up at the bottom of a
page, whereas the score begins on the next page. Of course,
these titles should behave as ordinary section titles in LaTeX
and always stay on the same page as the next \hbox. I tried to
read the TeX book a couple of years ago and implemented a
\myfilbreak. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. Can you
think of a solution that works better?

   /Mats