Stable releases of LilyPond to Mandrake-cooker!

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Stable releases of LilyPond to Mandrake-cooker!
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:21:42 +0200 (EET)

> We've had a few people with problems with the Mandrke Cooker 1.7.9
> rpm... I wonder if the Mandrake guys know that the 1.7.x version is
> a development version, rather than a stable version.  Do you think it
> might be worth asking them if they know about the stable/unstable thing,
> and perhaps suggesting that Mandrake should include Lily 1.6.x rather
> than 1.7.x?
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

I compiled once the developement version for fun. And the cooker
applications are not always included to the official distributions.

One should make a sufficient amount of patches from 1.7-branch to
1.6-branch. First, there are patches for spec/lilypond.mandrake.spec.in,
and second, patches to get command "make rpm-mandrake" work.

Then it will be possible to make rpms for 1.6-branch, the similar manner
as there are now rpms for 1.7-branch, see

  http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.0.html.

If somebody could downgrade (from 1.7 to 1.6) these mandrake-patches,
I could try compiling it and send it to Tobbe. People have continued the
development of Rosegarden .. it needs LilyPond.

I have never touched the stable branch, so far. However, at some point
in life people start gradually prefer more stability than dynamity,
i.e., state of developement. That means .. getting older. Maybe it is time
for me also to grow up and matter about stability. But, do I have access
to the stable branch?

      Heikki Junes