Re: lilypond build

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond build
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:02:09 +0100

"raoul.megelas" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I have just cvs updated lily. since I upgraded my system
> (FreeBSD 5.0 lily don't build due to gcc (please see below).
> A patch or something like lexer-gcc-3.2.1.sh will be ineeded and appreciated?

Quite a number of systems simply ship conflicting versions of gcc and
flex.  I would much rather have the distribution to be fixed, ie, ship
a flex that outputs something which can be compiled by g++.

> out/FlexLexer.h:64: `istream' was not declared in this scope

It looks like you used the gcc-3.1 hack.  What happens if you don't do
that?  CVS lily should compile with gcc-3.2 and flex-2.5.4a.

Jan.