Re: Extensions .sly and .fly deprecated?

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Extensions .sly and .fly deprecated?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 02:53:02 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
>
> > Or, should this Command-on-Region in Emacs be taken away, i.e., would
> > there be need for such facility?
>
> Command-on-Region is a little silly for Lilypond code, since
> you would typically run Lily on regions in time similar to
> skipTypesetting (at least, that's  what I'd suppose.)

Oh, I see. That sounds reasonable. Compiling is faster if one skips some
typesetting.

There might be one possibility to have "Command on Region". After saving
the entire buffer to "emacs-lily.ly":

  - apply skipTypesetting in the very beginning of each score:

    A) by converting each
         \score { ... }
         \score { skipTypesetting ... }

  - stop skipTypesetting inside each \notes { ... } of the region:

    B) by converting
         \notes { ... <MARK_BEGIN> ... }
         \notes { ... }
         \notes { ... <MARK_END> ... }
         \notes { ... <MARK_BEGIN> stop_skipTypesetting ... skipTypesetting }
         \notes { stop_skipTypesetting ... skipTypesetting }
         \notes { stop_skipTypesetting... skipTypesetting <MARK_END> ... }

Does this idea work? Is it worth of implementing?

Cheers,

  Heikki