Re: first time user

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: first time user
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:48:07 +0200

LilyPond is one of these programs where you have to read the
documenation (at least the Tutorial) to be able to do anything
useful at all. Make sure to read the documentation corresponding
to the program version you have (see http://lilypond.org/web/documentation.html)
but even if you have version 1.6.something installed, I recommend
to take a look at the Tutorial of the 1.8 versions since it has been
significantly rewritten and improved and most of what's said there is
still relevant for 1.6.

You don't say what platform you use, but assuming that you have
Windows, you should also take a look at http://lilypond.org/web/download/getting-started.html
to learn the basic practical steps of running the program.

   /Mats

SA wrote:
I am a first time user to Lilypond. How do I get started and how do I use it? I am a blind computer user so Please provide me with instructions on how to use this program via the computer keyboard. Thank you for your help.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology