About "Too many clashing notecolumns" warning

From: Alexandre Beneteau
Subject: About "Too many clashing notecolumns" warning
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:18:10 +0200

Hello,

I'm currently trying lily 1.9.8 and I'm impressed by the progress which have done in a few weeks :-)

I'm wondering if it could be possible to make lily report possibly involved lines of user's code when she complains about "too many clashing notecolumns" ? Such problem is usually easy to see on the generated score, but in some cases, it is not obvious at all. A solution may be to comment some code and track the error, but such a report from lily would imporve dramatically that sort of very common problem.

My question certainly shows my ignorance of lily's internals and in programmation too, but it's a real question and hope to not bother you by asking...

Anyway, thanks for that wonderful software :-)

Alex.