Logical problem in crecendo notation ?

From: Alexandre Beneteau
Subject: Logical problem in crecendo notation ?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:24:04 +0100

Hello,

If I read well the documentation hairpin (de)crescendi can be obtained with this notation :
\< \!
\> \!
 or with \cr \rc and \decr \rced (bash-like notation ?!)

Now, if I want (de)crescendi with text and dashed-line, I can use \cresc - \endcresc and \decresc \enddecresc

So far, so good

BUT, if I want to customize the text (ie "molto cresc" instead of "cresc") the documentation says I have to set the property Voice.crescendoText and use the \< \! notation !!!

Would not be more logical to set a property to modify the text produced by the syntax \cresc and not \cr or \< ???

Hoping the explanation to be clear dispite my poor english :-)

Greetings,

        Alex.