Re: Tab clef

From: Dan Bowtell
Subject: Re: Tab clef
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:26:43 +0000

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 10:32:24AM +0200, Heikki Johannes Junes wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Dan Bowtell wrote:
>
> > When I writing guitar music I need to specify \clef "G_8". However when I
> > do this it changes the default tab clef from the word Tab to an
> > inappropriate G_8 clef as well as on the plain staff line. I think that it
> > should be default behaviour to leave the Tab Staff clef when changing it
> > for other staffs.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dan Bowtell
>
> What about:
>
> \property TabStaff.clefOctavation = #-7
> \property TabStaff.stringTunings =  #'(-6 -11 -15 -20 -25 -30)
>
> Greetings,
>
>   Heikki Junes

Doing that did not seem to provide the required results and should really be
unnessecary. There are no circumstance when you would want a clef other than
the word TAB on a tab staff. I know tab isn't really what this program was
designed for but there are no alternatives that match up to it on linux so it
would be nice to get what little it can do working as pain free as possible.