Re: grace slur and de/crescendi

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Re: grace slur and de/crescendi
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:51:41 -0700

        I personally agree more with attaching centered or to the right of the
starting note over starting it on the note's left. As for the right, I've
seen both styles at barlines where it ends before and it ends at the note
after the barline, and usually prefer the appearance of it cutting off before
because of how it doesn't split as often across new lines.
        The last dynamic does seem a little high to me. I'll do my research
before
voicing more than my observed opinions; I've only technically learned that
piano dynamics should usually be centered.
        As for slurs, maybe consider looking at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/input/
regression/out-www/lily-1931220523.ly to understand the decisions being made
about attachment.

--
"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
                -- Joe Walsh