Re: compilation error

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Re: compilation error
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:36:50 -0700

On Monday March 1 2004 10:36, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Same goes for SVG output and a number of FOO2ly import scripts.
  I personally wish the scripts were better. I don't know how I would find it
good to implement them though. The midi2ly didn't seem to pay much attention
to what I said about the key and was printing all notes as ?is rather
than ?es. Finale did the ?es but without a key sig (and did other stuff I
particularly hated).
  My private lessons instructor for trombone has interest in LilyPond since
I've been showing its output off to him. He has a lot of music entered into
encore, which is an old program he runs on his mac computers. He would
probably switch to LilyPond if he could import those scores; I haven't found
any word on encore anywhere besides from him though. It can spit out into
midi and into another format that is used on some electric keyboard,
synthesizer, or piano.
  Are you guys up for hire on helping him get the docs to be able to be
imported. Since he has such a large archive, I could talk to him about
perhapse hiring your services (as I heard was an option in the past through
lilypond.org). If importing encore rather than midi would be preferred, maybe
he might even consider allowing some hardware with software be 'borrowed'.
Not being able to nicely port his archive to another program is one reason
why he still keeps that stuff up and in use.