rest problem (revisited)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: rest problem (revisited)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:40:20 +0100 (CET)

Since you plan to consolidate LilyPond for the next stable release, I
will check my collection of bugs, reporting problems.

The bugs below are rating very high on my wishlist.

    Werner

%
% This file shows a problem with rests in lilypond
% CVS 2004-03-21 17:12 MET.
%
% . Vertical rest positions in a multi-voice staff should go to the default
%   position of a single-voice staff if a single voice has real rests,
%   and the other voices contain skip rests only.
%
%   This is a severe typographical bug.
%
% . The collision algorithm for multi-voice rests still has problems.
%
%   This is a severe bug.
%

\version "2.1.32"

\score {
  \notes \relative c' {
  << { \time 4/4 <a d f>8 r d4 f a } \\
     { \time 4/4 s4 r8 <f, a>[ r <a d> r <d f>] } >>
  }

  \paper {
    raggedright = ##t
  }