squished rests [was: problematic output]

From: David Bobroff
Subject: squished rests [was: problematic output]
Date: 22 Mar 2004 16:08:05 +0000

 I don't have a demo *.ly file just yet, but a bit of experimentation
has led me to believe that perhaps there is something amiss with the
default  value of <MultiMeasureRest #'minimum-length>.  At least when I
did \override I could force them wider.  In one case when I did this I
found that a bar line which occured after a 4 bar rest had been pushed
so far to the left (before \override-ing ) that it was actually to the
left of the 4-bar rest symbol.

I checked to see if I had forced the minimum-length to some tiny amount
but all of my \override commands were done with '\once', and done to
make the rests wider not narrower.

If this is still not enough information for you to track this down I'll
try to make a demo *.ly file.

-David