Re: minor slur problem

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Re: minor slur problem
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:55:01 -0700

On Wednesday March 24 2004 16:20, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > %
> > % This file shows a problem with broken slurs in staves having different
> > % sizes in lilypond CVS 2004-03-23 21:42 MET.
> > %
> > % . The starting point of the continuation of a broken slur is offset
> > %   too far to the left in the smaller staff.
>
> Why? where do you think it should start?

  I know some other things are restricted to an imaginary line that they
cannot pass (or so I have heard), such as a resumed melisma should start at
the end of the key signature. Does something like this apply to slurs? One
starts before the end of the clef, and the other does not start until
sometime after the right edge of the clef.
  If I (or these ideas) are wrong for typesetting, I'd like to know that too.