Re: metronome mark problems

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Re: metronome mark problems
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:28:40 -0700

On Tuesday March 30 2004 05:26, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Edward Sanford Sutton, III wrote:
> > On Monday March 29 2004 04:00, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> >>You can do this with \markup today, see the mailing list
> >>archives, for example
> >>http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-12/msg00013.html
> >
> >   It isn't so much of wether or not I can, but rather that I have to if I
> > want to place it right. I usually just use \tempo because it already goes
> > where it should, is small enough to generally not cause collision
> > problems for me, and I still have not been able to figure out what
> > property the padding applies to (I know, it's waiting for me in the
> > e-mail archives).
> >   In any case, tempo expressions are, in my experiences, very common; I
> > can't seem to recall the manual explaining the right way to fully typeset
> > these. Examples of some control are scattered about the manual, but most
> > musicians I know would be completely clueless about what professionals
> > do.
>
> Agreed!
>
> >   The important thing right now is that LilyPond does have a way that I
> > can make things look right (or however I desire) so thank you again.
> > Since you are always so helpful Mats, do you have suggested readings to
> > try to help me straighten out my sense of the various object types; I
> > seem to mix them up horribly anymore.  =(
>
> Han-Wen and Jan have recently rewritten the section "Changing defaults"
> in the manual and are eagerly waiting for positive and negative
> feedback.
>
>     /Mats

  If it can wait, I'll be glad to give feedback on it; both my usual
corrections waves and the positive/negative effects of the content. IS this
to go along with the new scheme sections that recently came around too?
  School has me quite busy right now to the point that I haven't had time to
update since 2.1.35 and unlike upgrading, (manual proof)reading is a slow
process for me. I'm also deciding its time to learn dvorak so even typing is
tedious for now.
Thanks again; the software and its support is among the best I have ever seen,
Ed Sutton