Re: Lily 2.2 on linuxfr !

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Lily 2.2 on linuxfr !
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:27:02 +0200

Bonjour Mats!

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:46:32 +0200, tu as dit :

 > Interesting to see such a long list of comments at linuxfr in just
 > a few days. Too bad I don't understand French.

There are two kinds of comments:

- people that don't know LilyPond, and ask common questions like "is
  there a GUI?", "can it really be used by non-programmers?" or "why a
  new notation language?";

- people that know LilyPond and answer the questions, making the
  eulogy of LilyPond.

The comments are quite positive. In particular, the first one, which
says approximatively: "The authors seem to be Don Knuth's heirs, by
judging their love of (musical) typography." (very approximative).

nicolas