midi performance hacking

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: midi performance hacking
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:28:06 -0400

The included file demonstrates one of the things I want to do on a
general basis: to be able to determine at what context levels midi
tracks are aggregated upon.

It would be nice if this were less tortuous, and didn't require
making a new type of Staff.  Can anyone think of a good way to do
this?  (Doesn't necessarily have to be possible in current LilyPond.
Something which makes good sense which could be implemented would be
just fine.  Of course, I am volunteering to help with
implementation.)

\include "english.ly"
\version "2.2.3"

\score {