Re: CVS branching etc

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: CVS branching etc
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:52:15 +0200

Erik Sandberg writes:

> .. which says:
>    PATH=$(pwd)/lily/out:$(pwd)/scripts/out:$PATH
>    ./configure --prefix=$(pwd); make; lilypond
>
> Does this mean that you modify PATH whenever you switch between which lily
> branch to use?

Yes, that is to say, I use a script called 'here-lily' that I source
after opening a new shell buffer (I tend to use different buffers for
different lily versions).

I've never attempted to make this work with emacs mode directly.

Han-Wen uses a different method, I think.

This is still all quite ad hoc, but previously (read: > 5 years ago)
Han-Wen vetoed distributing such solutions for hackers (read: myself)
only.

Another solution would be to have a bunch of simple scripts, like:

    16:41:16 address@hidden:~/cvs/savannah/lilypond/lilypond-2.2
    $ ls -1 ~ruud/bin
    latex-2.3
    lilypond-2.3
    lilypond-bin-2.3
    lilypond-book-2.3
    set-paths.sh

but I'm too lazy to create those for all different versions that I run.

Jan.