Re: More on chord diagrams

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: More on chord diagrams
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:55:46 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:56:08 -0600 "Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Heikki and Jose Luis,
>
> I've created a markup facility for chord diagrams
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-04/msg00125.html),
>  but so far no engraver or context.  I thought I was close to finished,
> until I looked more closely at your requests.

It looked already nice.

The most general type of FretDiagram -markup was just found out in those --
requests. First you have just the skeleton of FretDiagram and then you attach
the markups one-by-one.

I could imagine that the most general approach would be such that you first have
just the skeleton fret diagram:

x x x x x x
----------- x
| | | | | |
-----------
| | | | | |
-----------
| | | | | |
-----------
| | | | | |
-----------
x x x x x x

where each 'x' and '|' stand for a place for markup. Basically, all the places
and fret positions may be used, but most of the places are not used. The syntax
can also initially be verbose.

Later, a shortcut version may be introduced, which places all the items to their
places.

So, the problem is just
(i) to put markups inside a skeleton fret-diagram markup, and
(ii) to create additional symbold needed for the fret diagrams.

--
  Heikki Junes