RE: Way to go.

From: Ralph Little
Subject: RE: Way to go.
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:35:50 +0100

Hi,
OK, if you think so.

As it stands, I have implemented notes (inc. chords) and rests.
Currently, the note engraver spits out Braille each timestep, and collects all note events within that timestep. If there is more than one note event in the timestep, it constructs a chord out of them.

This actually covers a large proportion of what I need to set up a framework for Braille rendering. I have encapsulated the main Braille code in a covering class called Braille and derived my engraver classes from that and Engraver. So far, I have been able to map all the braille to their respective note events.

However, in doing multi-voice music, the voices are split up, and the notes are rendered in a way that makes this impossible to continue.

The reason I asked the question was that it grieved me to depart from a framework that has worked fine so far. I've looked ahead in the Braille standard and it seems to me that multi-voice rendering is the only "fly in the ointment" so-to-speak, so it would be good to get this tackled now rather than later.

Regards,
Ralph