Re: Guile use

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: Guile use
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:29:39 +0200

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 08:09:22PM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > Just curious: Is there any other project which uses Guile as
> > extensively as LilyPond?  I would like to have a comparison.
>
> Not sure.  You might want to look at Gnucash and texmacs.  Also, I
> believe GUILE is the primary platform for common music/notation
> nowadays, but they running on top of GUILE, not using it as an
> extension language.

Snd (see http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/) may be an exception;
it makes use of guile (and nowadays optionally ruby) for extension and
control. Guile is for snd what emacs-lisp is for emacs.

However, I didn't do much wich snd an nothing at all with snd+guile,
since I'm a victim of the bad big time-eating monster ;-)

Ciao,
        Kili

ps: I hope to get my hands back on my ciaconna project(s) next month.