Re: problem building: guile

From: Scott Webber
Subject: Re: problem building: guile
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:04:42 -0400

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Scott Webber writes:
I'm having trouble building.  Here's what make is outputting:

/usr/share/guile/1.6/srfi/srfi-13.scm:159:1: In procedure dynamic-link

Ok, wrong guile.

I have guile 1.6.4 built from the tarball.

[BTW, why did you do that, your /usr/{share} guile is 1.6 too?]
I don't recall. I was in a mad frenzy installing things that were needed - mftrace, etc. and I think the configure script complained about my guile, so I just went out and got a new one.

which clearly shows the correct directory, but how do I tell the
config/make where to find the stuff?

Are you sure that in your ld.so.conf, /usr/local/lib preceeds /usr/lib?
You did run ldconfig after installing GUILE, right?
No. I didn't. I must have missed that part in the guile install docs. This makes more sense to me now.

Ok, now make all completes ok. Somethings wrong with my fonts now. When I source the lilypond-profile script it fails because running

kpsewhich ecrm10.pfa

doesn't return anything.  Locate didn't find that pfa either.

Does the bison 1.875 or flex 2.5.4 things mentioned in the
documentation affect me,

If you have one of the problematic versions, it will probably affect
you.  If you're not sure, just see and find out.

I guess not, because it built everything...I think. I have to goto work now, but when I come home, I'll do a complete make clean/all cycle and really study the output to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks for your help,
Scott