Re: guile-gnome fails

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: guile-gnome fails
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:04:15 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux writes:

>> I'm trying to compile the GNOME output but I got this error message:

Please do not use GUILE CVS yet.  It has been broken the past few
weeks.  I thought the troubles were over, but apparently they are not.

The point #3 [removed] in the guile-gnome.sh script used to be, and
still should be, probably:

  #3   use guile 1.6.x -- not CVS
  PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH

> ERROR: Unbound variable: system
> make[4]: *** [guile-gnome-gw-gobject.c] Erreur 2

You can get around this particular error, though, by commenting-out
the system defines in ice-9/slib.scm, here's what I did to get
slib+GUILE CVS usable:

   (if (and #f (defined? 'system))

Jan.