manual style take 2 (period before example, @cindex)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: manual style take 2 (period before example, @cindex)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 00:40:16 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> @end lilypond
>
> That's correct according to the style guidelines at the beginning of
> Documentation/user/lilypond.tely, but I think it would look better with
> a period after "notes".  Can I change the manual style to fit that?

We changed the manual from having punctuation, to a more
"mathematical" style, where sentences flow freely into the
examples. It makes the text a little more lively.

> Is there any real benefit to having the @cindex tags in the middle of a
> paragraph?

Yes - texinfo can break a page halfway a paragraph. The page number in
the index might get off if the @cindex is far from the word.
Especially if the index entry is quoting a word from the text, the
@cindex should always end up on  the same pgae as the word itself.