Re: [bug?] Line_interface::line

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: [bug?] Line_interface::line
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:16:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >   else
> >     {
> >       return make_line (thick, from, to);
> >     }
> >

> > Are you sure that the "else" branch (i.e. making a solid line) should be
> > regardless of the "style" property entered only if "scm_is_number
> > (dash_fraction)" evaluates to false?
>
> I don't understand. If you want dashed lines, you should set
> dash-fraction.

No, the opposite.  I want a solid line, but I always get a dashed line:

startTextSpanner = #(make-span-event 'TextSpanEvent START)
stopTextSpanner = #(make-span-event 'TextSpanEvent STOP)

\score {
  \context Voice \transpose c c' {
    f a c' bes a g f g f
    \startTextSpanner
    g a bes
    \stopTextSpanner
    a g f f
  }
  \paper {
    \context {
        \Voice
        \override TextSpanner #'style = #'line
        \override TextSpanner #'edge-height = #'(0 . 0)
        \override TextSpanner #'padding = #0.5
        \override TextSpanner #'enclose-bounds = #1
        \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #'("abc" . "def")
    }
  }
}

The above code produces a dashed line instead of a solid one.  Actually,
it seems there are at least two bugs, because even if I change
Line_interface::line () such that the else branch is entered for solid
lines (by removing the "scm_is_number (dash_fraction)" clause in the if
condition), I still get a dashed line.  BTW, why is make_line (...)
defined in Line_interface rather than in Lookup?

This bug is relevant for me, because it breaks the episem feature of
ancient notation.

Greetings,
Jürgen