Re: Docs for 3.0

From: Antti Kaihola
Subject: Re: Docs for 3.0
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:30:47 +0300

On Monday, 2004-09-20 at 22:31 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:

> The real problem is "piano-dynamics.ly" (dynamics centered between the
> two piano staffs).  It sounds like a good template to have, but I don't
> understand the template myself, and there's a bunch of ugly stuff in
> there (like extra-offset).  Could a piano player have a look at this
> and simplify it?  Or make a completely new template that does the same
> thing?

This template has been really useful for me when engraving children's
piano pieces.

I just had to adjust the extra-offset a tiny bit to the right so the
dynamics don't sometimes overlap with bar lines.

It would be nice if there was a simpler way to achieve centered
dynamics, but so far I don't know LilyPond well enough to know where to
start. But I have plenty of .ly files using centered dynamics to test
new ideas on.