European languages support?

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: European languages support?
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:16:34 +0100

Hello,

I can see that 2.4.0 is not able to correctly handle characters that are not in the bad old latin1 encoding - if they are written with TeX markup, the spacing is bad. May I ask for an explicit announce in the ChangeLog, if it is fixed either for TeX output or for PS output (perhaps already in 2.4.1)? Because that will be the trigger for me to publish a cygwin package of 2.4.x - I wouldn't like to build any release before this issue is solved.

Thank you much,

Bert