Re: Help with making new Context and Engraver

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Help with making new Context and Engraver
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:11:31 -0700

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 07:39, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I hope you have checked that LilyPond really reads the copy of
> the engraver-init.ly file that you edit (run lilypond --verbose
> to see the full path).
>
>     /Mats

Thanks, Mats.  That helped me see what was going on.

I was changing engraver-init.ly in sourcedir/ly/

LilyPond was using engraver-init.ly in sourcedir/share/lilypond/ly/.

I expected that make would copy the file, but apparently it wasn't.  Do
I need to do make clean in order to get the file copied?

I copied the file by hand, and it worked (and took a lot less time than
make clean, followed by make all).  Am I setting up for trouble by just
copying the file?

Thanks,

Carl