Re: package ec-fonts-mftraced

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: package ec-fonts-mftraced
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:17:38 +0100

Pedro Kroger writes:

> -----------------------------
> Nothing against packaging this, but are you sure that this is the only
> font that lilypond can use? The Latin Modern fonts (package lmodern)
> also contains CMR-like Type1-fonts in EC encoding. I think it would be a
> good idea to try this, and if it works have this package as an
> alternative.
> -----------------------------
>
> comments?

I tried it, and got in a fight with the maintainer.  It may work in
theory, but it would require a bit of hacking in LilyPond and fixing
of lm, which is probably not going to happen.

Also, before a default setup would change to another set of fonts, I
would really like to hear (and see!) the result.

from scm/fonts.scm
;;; super-cm, aka lmodern (on Debian) seems rather broken:
;;; * no usable TFM files  (no lmr10.tfm, only cork-lmr10.tfm)
;;; * broken AFM files:
;;;    - invalid keyword 'Generated'
;;;    - lists FontEncoding Fontspecific  -- duh
;;; revert to ec-fonts-mftraced for now
;;; make this easily switchable?

Jan.