Re: Hello

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:51:07 -0700

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 05:25, Giancarlo Niccolai wrote:

> Ok, more on the topic: I subscribed to ask: is the electric guitar tabulature
> notation (characters b/B for bending, acciacattura bending (barred or dotted
> b/B), s/S for slide and P/H for pull-off/hammer-on) being scheduled in TODO?
> I have seen them being remembered as "bugs: this is missing" in 2.4.2 docs;
> from an outsider point of view, they seem pretty straightforward to
> implement, but they would make a great addition for electric guitar music.

It appears that nobody is working on Tablature right now.  As you may
know, LilyPond basically gets worked on by people who are interested in
adding new features.  Han-Wen and Jan mostly focus on classical music,
but are very willing to provide help to others who want to add
features.  In my case, it's fret diagrams that I want to get into
LilyPond.

One of the things I love about LilyPond is that if I don't like the way
something works, I can get in and change it.  Try doing that with
Finale...

> IN case, I may try to see if I can lend a hand...

You'd be very welcome to give a hand.  Improving the tablature notation
would be appreciated by many guitarists.

You can get started by referring to the web site:
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/

The code you'll need to work with is likely found in
lily/tab-note-heads-engraver.cc.

Have fun!

Carl Sorensen