Example massacre

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Example massacre
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:53:09 +0100

Hi,

I have complained about this before, but I think it's a pity that
som many useful examples have been removed from the Tips and Tricks
document. In know that many of the examples that have been moved have
been incorporated in the manual, but one thing doesn't have to exclude
the other. One nice feature of the Tips and Tricks document is that it's
so easy to browse through. Often, you find some useful hints or ideas on
the way when you are looking for something else.

However, the biggest problem for the moment is that the manual has links
to at least one example files that have been removed.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Repeat-syntax.html#Repeat-syntax
points to
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/input/regression/out-www/collated-files.html#volta-chord-names.ly
which was removed in one of the big example file massacres some months
ago.

We should really go through all the old example files ones more and
rethink if not more of them should be revived in the latest release.

   /Mats

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems