MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: MediaWiki extension, RFC website, was Re: MediaWiki support
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:54:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

as suggested on the Wikitech-l list, I converted my patch into an
extension for MediaWiki:

http://lily4jedit.sf.net/mediawiki-LilyPond-extension.tar.gz

You need at least a 1.3 version of MediaWiki. In order to activate
LilyPond support, unpack my tar.gz in the mediawiki directory, and read
the first comment in extensions/LilyPond.php (it's as easy as adding a
line in LocalSettings.php after setting up MediaWiki).

Unfortunately, the syntax is slightly different from what you have in
lilypond-book: MediaWiki extensions can not read attributes of their
tag. So, <lilypond> in MediaWiki has the same effect as <lilypond
fragment relative=2> in lilypond-book. If you want the behaviour of
lilypond-book's <lilypond> tag (without attributes), you should use
<lilybook> in MediaWiki.

Now the request for comments: How about a wiki on www.lilypond.org using
this extension?

Ciao,