Re: tex strings output

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: tex strings output
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:51:13 +0100 (CET)

> I've put the first component of TeX generated text metrics in place
> [...]

Great!

> as you can see, I used a lispish format for now.

This is fine.

> If you can define a standard format for TeX input, write macros for
> dimension handling, and provide a TeX output like
>
>   (FONT-NAME MAGNIFICATION TEXT BBOX-LIST)
>
> then I can start to work on importing the metrics back into
> LilyPond.

Will do that, probably not immediately but in one or two weeks.

BTW, what about this:

  in:
    (ID FONT-NAME MAGNIFICATION TEXT)

  out:
    (ID FONT-NAME MAGNIFICATION BBOX-LIST)

Not a great difference (and it really doesn't matter), but the out
file becomes smaller...

Theoretically, the `ID' field could be completely dropped, since the
order of strings emitted by lilypond equals the order of strings
emitted by TeX.

    Werner