Re: command line parameters to set the papersize

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: command line parameters to set the papersize
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:56:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

what about specifying paper size, layout, global staff size, etc. in a
separate file, say defs.ly, and \include it at the very beginning of the
actual score file?  This file would then serve as a kind of (very
primitive) style sheet.  You still could override e.g. global staff size
immediately after the \input in the score file.

What I could imagine to be useful is a command line option for including
an additional file (like the above defs.ly) at the very beginning of the
score file.  Still, even that should be already possible by (abusing) the
-i option: just say "-i defs.ly" and put '\input "init.ly"' at the very
beginning of the defs.ly file (untested).

Greetings,
Jürgen