Re: Fink (MacOS X) build of Lilypond 2.5.9 - Thrill Seekers Edition

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fink (MacOS X) build of Lilypond 2.5.9 - Thrill Seekers Edition
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:28:55 -0800

On 29-Jan-05, at 6:18 PM, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

A prerelease of the 2.5.9 lilypond-unstable package is now available to users with some skill and patience:

Thanks!

- Don't forget to eventually remove neeri-experimental from fink.conf again.

Once lilypond-unstable in fink unstable is >2.5.0, you mean? I shouldn't be
doing this right now, right?

Please keep me posted on your success /failure of reproducing these instructions.

I had to play a little with fink; it hadn't selected pango1-xft2 . But that could just be
my setup.

The new font (for c^"foo") looks a bit... "heavy"? Is it larger than the old Lilypond font? Or thicker? I haven't looked at any printouts yet; I've just seen it on screen
with a pdf.
Anyway, I don't think this is a porting issue.

lilypond-book isn't happy, but I don't know if this is porting or just broken in 2.5.9.
I'll wait and see what happens in 2.5.10 before looking into it further.