ps2pdf is called wrongly

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: ps2pdf is called wrongly
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:34:26 +0100

Hello,
I just installed lilypond 2.5.11 on my amd64 and it works fine. Thanks! There is one thing that does not work: Whenever I call lilypond -f pdf (or use the default as that creates pdf as well) lilypond hangs indefinitly: if I kill it with ctrl-c I get:

Konvertierung nach »CatStevens-FatherAndSon.pdf«...Error invoking `ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE="a4" CatStevens-FatherAndSon.ps > /dev/null 2>&1 '. Return value 2

I use ghostscript-7.07.1 <the one from aladdin>, and ps2pdf will also hang if I call it like this on the command line.

The reason is that ps2pdf as I have it needs:
ps2pdf [options...] (input.[e]ps|-) [output.pdf|-]

If I do not enter a "ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE="a4" input.ps -". It won't work. You may consider this a bug with ghostscript, but then it may be the way they intended it. Is it possible to change the ps2pdf call and append a " -" for output to stdout? Or would that breat with all other ps2pdf versions that may be out there.

Thanks
Sebastian

P.S. Pleae CC me directly, as I am not subscribed