Re: urg.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: urg.
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 06:03:29 +0100 (CET)

> * We can hack fontconfig support into Ghostscript 8.15, pray that all
>   distros start shipping it and have GS load the fonts.
>
>   A nice solution, but a logistic nightmare?  I suspect that this
>   might be the easiest route technically, though.

I vote for that.  It has the additional advantage that you still have
both PS and PDF output with a single backend in case you use GS.
Regarding fontconfig I suggest you contact the GS people for
assistance -- I can imagine that other people have similar needs, and
maybe a proper solution already exists.

    Werner