mensural notation: patch, question, plan

From: Benkõ Pál
Subject: mensural notation: patch, question, plan
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:04:26 +0100

2005-02-27  Pal Benko  <address@hidden>

        * lily/mensural-ligature.cc (brew_flexa):
        make flexa parts of ligatures look more similar to square parts

        * lily/include/mensural-ligature.hh: explanatory comments

Hi Jürgen (and all),

I've played a bit with flexa shape within a ligature;
this is in the attached patch.

I began experimenting with punctus divisionis as a new type of barline.
My first try was introducing one new type ("."),
but then I couldn't position it.
Is there a way of accessing the previous note in the barline code?
Then I'd know where to move the dot.
The second try was introducing a default case:
the glyph string is interpreted as a number,
and the dot is moved accordingly.
I have two problems with this:
I couldn't hack default-break-barline in output-lib.scm
(I know almost nothing of Lisp and nothing else about scheme),
so I get a warning for all puncti divisionis,
and I have a big space between the previous note and the dot.
Can I control that space somehow?

I reviewed the facsimiles I have, and found that
- a punctus divisionis can be at the end of a line
  (and then the next line begins as if nothing happened),
  so it can really be implemented as a new type of barline;
- augmenting dots within ligatures are generally placed after the note,
  except first notes of flexae, which have it above.
  I'll try to sort out this issue next.

Thanks,
Pál
Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a
FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu