Re: Compilation on FreeBSD

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Compilation on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:54:54 +0100

Zbyněk Burget writes:

> FreeBSD maintainer of Lilypond is irresponsive :-(

That's too bad.

> in FreeBSD is only lilypond-2.2.2

Debian (and thus? ubuntu) is stuck at 2.2.6.  We need more agressive
distribution maintainers, or maybe a distribution mainainer spanking
MEISTER :-)

> and lilypond-devel port was removed from ports collection by reason of
> it is broken over long time :-(
>
> I want to upgrade this port, but I'm not a programmer :-|

If you have a bit of time and patience, you can try to get a developer
to help you with errors.  If you get to compile it for yourself, that
can be the first step to share your work with others.

Jan.