Re: State of docs

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: State of docs
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:49:29 +0100

Graham Percival writes:

> I can't stand being in edit mode all the time; I keep on adding an extra
> "i" or "a" to whatever I'm writing.  And I dearly miss dd, P, and the
> like.

Yes, that requires a totally different mindset.  You'll get used to it
eventually.  I tried switching to Emacs several times, viper mode (VI
emulation) is what helped me stand it long enough to learn the good
things about emacs (ie, the editing modes, indenting, TAGS s/r,
changelogging, cvs integration etc).

Jan.