errors converting from version 2.4.0 to 2.5.17

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: errors converting from version 2.4.0 to 2.5.17
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:07:37 +0100

Hi,

I am not sure whether this should go on the devel (because it's about
the development version) list or the bugs list (or is that for bugs in
the stable version?), but here goes:

The code:
===================================
\version "2.4.0"

ClarinetPart =  {
    \set Staff.instrument = \markup {
      \column <
        "Clarinet"
        { "in B" \smaller \flat }

    }
    \set Staff.instr = "Cl"
}

PianoPart = {
  \context PianoStaff
  <<
    \set PianoStaff.instrument =\markup { \column <"Piano  " "or Harmonium" > }
    \context Staff="StaffA" {}
    \context Staff="StaffB" {}

}
=====================================

is converted by convert-ly to:

=================================
\version "2.5.17"

ClarinetPart =  {
    \set Staff.instrument = \markup {
      \column {
        "Clarinet"
        { "in B" \smaller \flat }   % error 1 here
      }
    }
    \set Staff.instr = "Cl"
}

PianoPart = {
  \context PianoStaff
  <<
    \set PianoStaff.instrument =\markup { \column {"Piano  " "or Harmonium" > }
%error 2 here
    \context Staff="StaffA" {}
    \context Staff="StaffB" {}
  >}
% and here
}
===================================

The first error is that in the ClarinetPart:
        { "in B" \smaller \flat }

should be:
        \line { "in B" \smaller \flat }

The second error is that instead of replacing the ">" in
PianoStaff.instrument with "}", the ">>" near the end of the file has
been replaced with ">}"

Regards,

Bernard

--