Re: Span_dynamic_performer

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Span_dynamic_performer
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:27:32 -0500

There is one possible workaround:

Create 2 scores, one for paper output and one for midi output. In the midi
score, add an extra s64\mf before the beginning of each voice. (it's dirty
but works)

I thought about it some more:

1) I would like to see the algorhythm that needs an absolute dynamic before the cresc\decresc mark.

2) We are talking about an impractical example here, cresc\decresc marks do not make any sense withtout an absolute dynamic preceeding it. None of my musical examples have that, so this cannot be the real problem. Again, I would like to see where in the code this is actually happening. (i.e., not where the error occurs, but where the midi volume values are determined.)

Stephen