lilypond book issues version 2.5.19

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:09:15 +0100

Hi,

The 2.5.19 version of lilypond-book generates code like:

{%
\parindent 0pt
address@hidden
\ifx\preLilyPondExample \undefined
  \relax
\else
  \preLilyPondExample
\fi
\def\lilypondbook{}%
\input lily-1105931465-systems.tex
\ifx\postLilyPondExample \undefined
  \relax
\else
  \postLilyPondExample
\fi
}

First what is the code: address@hidden for?

Second what is the point of putting the \preLilyPondExample and
\postLilyPondExample macros where they are? If I want macros in _these_
places I can put them in the original latex file! It would make much
more sense to put them between the systems (in
lily-1105931465-systems.tex). Actually having read the documentation,
that is where I expected them to be! This could be used to do things
like control the gap between the systems or put wiggly lines between
them etc.

I use lilypond-book from within the LyX document processor, and have
been writing a LyX converter to do it. (So that I can choose a LyX menu
option to see my final file).  Since I can edit lily-xxx..-systems.tex
within this converter I can get the effect of putting a macro between
the systems, but I think logically it is something that lilypond-book
ought to do.

regards

Bernard

--