Re: x11-color patch + new file

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: x11-color patch + new file
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:39:54 +0100

Well the background in a lilypond score is usually white and I'm not
sure how you would go about changing that! The reason I decided to have
a default at all is that if you wanted something like:

    \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'color = #(x11-color 'SlateBlue2)

but accidentally typed 'SliteBlue2, then in my original coding, lily
stopped with an error. However I thought that it would be easier for the
user if instead of having to track down what caused the error the colour
black was substituted. It should be obvious from the final score what
was causing this.

/Bernard