Re: box-grob-stencil

From: Trevor Baca
Subject: Re: box-grob-stencil
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:14:36 -0500

On 8/11/05, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't know exactly why it gives a stack overflow, but here are some
> hints:
> - print-function is normally undefined from the System object,
>    whereas NoteHead already has a print-function that typesets
>    the note head, which you probably want to keep as well.
> - Take a look at the example called boxed-stencil.ly in the
>    Tips and Tricks document.

Yes, the snippet in tips-and-tricks/boxed-stencil.ly does exactly what I want.

For anyone too lazy to click over to t&t, code like this will box an
arbitrary grob -- so long as the layout object creating the grob
implements a print function:

  \override Stem  #'print-function = #(make-stencil-boxer 0.05 0.25 Stem::print)

Thanks, Mats.

Trevor.