Re: [patch] clean up scheme rehearsal mark format code

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: [patch] clean up scheme rehearsal mark format code
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:05:35 +0200

Hi

On 8/15/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
I actually think that this is not a clean up. The original, while
lengthy, was perfectly easy to understand.  I don't why you need to add
(a public!) macro to condense it further.

I agree with that.

Maybe we should think of a
better interface to the mark formatter. MAybe we could do something like

   markMarkup = \markup  {
     \circle \bold \fromproperty #'context:bar-number
   }

and drop the special markFormatter interface.

Yes, that would be a better approach. The lengthy format-mark-whatever-something functions are too many and too long.

Regards,
  Erlend Aasland

Any  takers / sponsors for a patch?