Re: text running off the right margins

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: text running off the right margins
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:57:50 -0700

On 29-Aug-05, at 5:19 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
By "bottleneck", do you mean a speed bottleneck? I find that it adds about 7% to the compile time. IMO that's quite worth it[1], so I suggest that it be turned on by default. But as long as it's documented, it doesn't really matter
what the default is.

7% is a lot for only one feature. With 10 of these "quite worth it" features, LilyPond would be twice as slow.

Quadratic code just is a no-no.

Ok, fair enough. But I would still like to write a manual page about options that
were turned off to save speed.  So far I only know about

Score.PaperColumn #'keep-inside-line = ##t

any others?