Re: isnan/isinf problems still exist

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: isnan/isinf problems still exist
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:43:01 -0700

On 19-Sep-05, at 3:34 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
On 16-Sep-05, at 8:50 AM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
My workaround for now is to append this after "#include <cmath>":

#ifndef isinf
#define isinf(x) __isinfd(x)
#define isnan(x) __isnand(x)
#endif
Thanks, that solves that problem. Han-Wen, can I commit this fix to CVS?

Please don't; fixes like these can easily lead to problems on other platforms. I have successfully built 2.7.10 on MacOS 10.3, so this should no longer be necessary. The (inelegant) fix was to use <math.h> everywhere.

Everywhere? As in replacing it in 30 different source files? That's a lot of extra stuff to put into the fink patches... could we find an elegant fix? I haven't been able to build lily for almost three weeks now, and there's a couple of doc
updates that might be nice.