Re: cannot build lilypond 2.6.3 on powerpc

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: cannot build lilypond 2.6.3 on powerpc
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:25:56 -0700

>> What are the "emmentaler" glyphs?  I know music, but I don't know how
>> to recognize what I should see.
>
> gnome-character-map
> view > unicode block
> font : emmentaler
> block: private unicode area
>
> from codepoint  E100 onward, you should see isolated rests, accidentals
> and noteheads in the glyph table.

Nope, I see nothing of the sort; all I see are the number-in-block
Unicode glyphs for the absent code points.

For the record, the fontforge in use is Debian fontforge
0.0.20050911-1 which reports:

  Copyright (c) 2000-2005 by George Williams.
   Executable based on sources from 17:48 11-Sep-2005.
  fontforge 20050911

Near as I can tell from using fontforge, the emmentaler-20.otf file
does not have any glyphs in it at all (including certainly at the
private use area where you mention).  It is 62836 bytes long, so
*something* is going on.

I'll do a make from a fresh directory and report back what the output
is relevant to the generation of this file...maybe something will be
obvious from that.

Thomas