Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:21:39 -0800

On 20-Dec-05, at 12:55 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

Note that it's not "fink" that only supports the latest OS versions, but the maintainer of the lilypond fink package (due to lack of time & access to older
system).

True; I've adjusted the wiki accordingly.

 If your starting point is fink, it might make sense to submit your
build recipes as modifications of the lilypond fink package. I'd be happy to
accept lilypond patches for older systems.

Note that due to lack of time of other maintainers, it became a major
hassle to compile lilypond. You really have to compile most of the 3rd
party libraries yourself, since lilypond will not work with older
versions.

But yes, if I find new things which are needed to compile on 10.2.8, I
will post them here. Last time I tried to make lilypond compile (short
after 2.7.23, I think), it worked just fine. Even "make web"...

Those two paragraphs are contradictory. :) Do you need to compile your own libraries (if so, please list the libraries), or were you able to compile 2.7.23 just fine?

If you really _can_ "make web", please let me know. I've been unable to do so since August, which has almost eliminated doc work from me. :(